Can I use my last pay stub to file?

The IRS requires that you have all W-2’s prior to filing your tax return. While it is true that you may file your taxes using a substitute W-2, this is only after all attempts have been made to obtain the actual form or forms from your employer.  Your tax professional MUST verify all data on your last pay stub prior to filing and preparing a substitute W-2. Tax Professionals and ERO’s are required to have your W-2 in hand prior to submitting your return to the IRS. Any tax preparer who tells you otherwise is not being truthful.

How much does it cost to file?

Our prices include your Federal, State and MN Property tax return and start at $75 for a 1040EZ, $100 for a 1040A and $120 for a 1040. We charge additional for self-employed and rental property. For a more detailed cost estimate for your return, simply call us at (612) 529-5356.

When will I receive my refund?

If you choose to direct deposit your refund, you will receive your refund the fastest way possible between 3 to 21 business days.  If you choose to have your check mailed you typically receive your refund within 6 weeks.

What do I need to bring?

When seeking a tax professional, you should remember to bring a valid picture ID, your Social Security Card(s) for you and any dependent(s) you will claim, your wage statements including ALL W-2’s and 1099’s. This will ensure a smooth and pleasant visit to our office.

What if I receive another W-2 or 1099 after filing?

The importance of having ALL W-2’s prior to having your tax return prepared is that failure to report all income could cost you money. W-2’s and other income not reported during the current year may not be used during the next filing season. Omitted income must be listed on a 1040X Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return to the tax return year for which the income was earned and reported. The amended return may result in additional refund or could cause you to owe additional taxes and or penalties.

What is a 1040X Amended Tax Return?

Form 1040X or Amended Return is used anytime an original return which has already been filed with the IRS needs to be corrected for any reason. As mentioned above, the most common reason is because a taxpayer filed their return too early, resulting in additional income statements such as W-2’s being received after filing. Additional reasons may include adding or removing dependents from an original return, claiming additional tax credits or even changing the taxpayer, spouse or dependent(s) tax identifying number such as their SSN or ITIN.